Monday, June 1, 2009

A Writer's Woes

Warrior, the one project I'm determined to follow through! And yet I'm not entirely satisfied with it. It seems short, and I don't know what to do about that....Most of the chapters are 1-3 pages, and I'm on chapter 7 (typing) and chapter 8 (handwritten). How do I expect this to be the novel I want it to become? I may have to just create a collection of short stories with specialized traits if this keeps up. Honesly, I thought it would be much longer....I can't help but to be disapointed with myself for coming up short (it's how I see it). I know that the story is good, I have had...well...a tiny bit of feedback. Which isn't encouraging at all!

What to do, what to do....How do I get it out for people to see when I'm afraid it'll be taken from me and skewed to something else and then it won't be my daughter anymore....(Yes, yes, I'm weird...my works are my babies....I can't help it!) But I want the feedback that I'm not getting from outside sources....I just want to know what I can add and what might need changing....

And there you have it...my rant. -Fia

No comments: